Lightened Up Strawberry Pie
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 pre-made pie crust- I used vanilla wafer crumb crust or you can use shortbread crust
- 1 quart of fresh strawberries; ½ cut tops leaving flat, ½ for puree
- 1 c Splenda No Calorie Sweetener
- 2 T cornstarch
- 2 drops of red food coloring
- 1 egg
- Make an egg wash and brush on your crust. Put the crust in the oven until brown. About 5-7 minutes.
- After turning the lid of the pie crust upside down, place strawberries cut side down to fill the lid. Set aside.
- Using remaining strawberries purée in food processor or blender.
- In a medium saucepan boil the purée with Splenda, cornstarch and red food coloring.
- Continue to boil until clear and thick. Cool slightly.
- Fill the bottom of pie crust with purée mix. Then carefully place whole strawberries from the lid into thickened puree mix. It will be hot!
- Cool thoroughly.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Recipe by Art Crafts & Family at http://www.artcraftsandfamily.com/lightened-strawberry-pie-homemade-whipped-cream-sweetswaps/